[protege-discussion] Statecharts and sequence diagrams in Protégé

Jennifer Vendetti vendetti at stanford.edu
Thu Sep 14 18:24:22 PDT 2006

Hello Daniel,

Daniel Goergen wrote:
> thanks a lot, that worked quite well! The graph widgets are nice to use In my charts I need relations that have the same :FROM and :TO slot (a transition where source and end are one and the same node) You can´t draw that in the the graph widget, but you can draw a normal
> relation then change the :TO slot by hand. The problem is that this change will only affect the display if you force
> the window to redraw (eg. by changing instance-form or the tab). That works so far but you´ll get problems with the display when you have
> long labels or more than one relation of that type on the same node. That corresponds with the problem that you can´t set the docking point for a relation on a node. Sometimes that seems to work, when using the additional segements, but when the window redraws its all the same.
>
> I am highly interested in any solutions, maybe I can write some code myself to fix that problem.

We used a third-party drawing library when we developed the graph widget
called JGo: http://www.nwoods.com/go/jgo.htm.  I believe if you want to
do any low-level programming involving the graphics code, you will need
to buy a license for this library.
> I also found some other bugs (mainly concerning label display) if you´re interested announce me.

Yes, this is the right place to report bugs.  I will enter them into our
Bugzilla database.

Jennifer