[protege-discussion] installation on FC5 problem

Jennifer Vendetti vendetti at stanford.edu
Thu Sep 14 18:35:47 PDT 2006

Alex,

There is a bug in the InstallAnywhere application that we use to create
our install programs.  On Fedora Core 5, InstallAnywhere incorrectly
hard codes the LD_ASSUME_KERNEL variable to 2.2.5.

Unfortunately, I'm not a Linux expert and we don't have any boxes here
with Fedora Core 5 to do some testing.  I think if you set this variable:

linux_LD_ASSUME_KERNEL_hack=0

This might fix the problem?

If there are any Fedora users out there who know how to deal with this
issue, let us know - I'll post some notes on our Web site.

Jennifer