[protege-discussion] Clearing all Instances for an Ontology

Thomas Russ tar at ISI.EDU
Mon Apr 2 09:42:45 PDT 2007

On Apr 2, 2007, at 6:32 AM, Schultz, Ron wrote:

> I have built an ontology and I need to supply it to someone else,
> without any instances populated. What do I execute, or what files do I
> clear (e.g., .pins) to be able to deliver the ontology cleared of
> instance data?

I would try:

  1. save a new copy of the project,
  2. go to the instances tab
  3. select the top concept of your ontology
  4. select the menu option "show subclass instances"
  5. select all of the instances
  6. hit the delete button

That should clear all of the instances, although I haven't
had time to build a test case and try it.