[protege-discussion] Clearing all Instances for an Ontology

Thomas Russ tar at ISI.EDU
Mon Apr 2 09:44:28 PDT 2007

On Apr 2, 2007, at 6:32 AM, Schultz, Ron wrote:

> I have built an ontology and I need to supply it to someone else,
> without any instances populated. What do I execute, or what files do I
> clear (e.g., .pins) to be able to deliver the ontology cleared of
> instance data?

Another thing I thought of.

If you plan to make many such transfers, it may be a good
idea to separate the concepts and instances into separate
projects and have the instance project import the concept
project.

That way, you can modify the concepts separately from the
instances and it will remain easy to transfer to others.