[protege-discussion] protege 3.2.1 Mac OS X crashes during Java Code Gen

Jeroen Lapre' jeroen-lapre at
Mon Apr 2 12:04:34 PDT 2007

yes, that's what I did, then protege and graphviz froze.
As I mentioned, before I updated my OS and java version, OWLViz was working
when I pointed the dot application to
my separately installed graphviz.

On 4/2/07, Jennifer Vendetti <vendetti at> wrote:
> Jeroen,
> Jeroen Lapre' wrote:
> > I upgraded to the latest version of Mac OS 10.4.9, and the latest
> > available version of java 1.5.  This appeared to fix the problem I was
> > having with the java code export plugins.  However, now graphviz no
> > longer works with protege in OWLViz, when before it did. Sigh.
> On the toolbar at the top of the OWLViz tab, there is an Options button
> that you can click on to bring up the Options dialog.  On the "Layout
> Options" tab, you can specify the path to the GraphViz "dot"
> application.  You should check this to make sure that the correct path
> to the dot application on your system has been specified.
> Jennifer

-jeroen lapre
making science compelling