[protege-discussion] Clearing all Instances for an Ontology

Schultz, Ron ron.schultz at
Mon Apr 2 12:12:48 PDT 2007

Thanks Thomas.

Your assistance is greatly appreciated. I had never thought of
separating the concepts and instances as separate projects. Cool idea.

Ron Schultz

-----Original Message-----
From: protege-discussion-bounces at
[mailto:protege-discussion-bounces at] On Behalf Of
Thomas Russ
Sent: Monday, April 02, 2007 11:44 AM
To: User support for Core Protege and the Protege-Frames editor
Subject: Re: [protege-discussion] Clearing all Instances for an Ontology

On Apr 2, 2007, at 6:32 AM, Schultz, Ron wrote:

> I have built an ontology and I need to supply it to someone else,
> without any instances populated. What do I execute, or what files do I
> clear (e.g., .pins) to be able to deliver the ontology cleared of
> instance data?

Another thing I thought of.

If you plan to make many such transfers, it may be a good
idea to separate the concepts and instances into separate
projects and have the instance project import the concept

That way, you can modify the concepts separately from the
instances and it will remain easy to transfer to others.
protege-discussion mailing list
protege-discussion at

Instructions for unsubscribing:

[This message contains confidential and proprietary information of the sender, and is intended only for the person(s) to whom it is addressed.  Any use, distribution, copying or disclosure by any other person is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please notify the e-mail sender immediately, and delete the original message without making a copy.]