[protege-discussion] Clearing all Instances for an Ontology

Samson Tu swt at stanford.edu
Wed Apr 4 09:50:52 PDT 2007

Richard Dunlap wrote:
> For the transition from a work-in-progress system to a production
> system, is there an easy way within Protege to refactor one project
> apart into two?

For moving Protege-frame instances to a separate project, I found Emacs
(or your favorite text editor) to be most efficient than anything else.
Just create an empty project that imports the first, save it, and then
copy and paste "relevant" text from one pins file to another.

If you use metaclass, Protege saves a class' information relative to the
metaclass in the pins file (i.e., that a class is an instance of a
metaclass and the own slot values of the class). That's the part of the
pins file that you don't want to move.

Samson
Samson Tu                    email: swt at stanford.edu