[protege-discussion] automatized manipulating of protégé projects

daniel.goergen at biotronik.com daniel.goergen at biotronik.com
Thu Apr 5 07:10:53 PDT 2007

Hello!

I have the following problem:
I have several protégé projects that have the same structure (classes,
slots, facets) but different instances.
Now I want to process the same set of changes in the structure of all
projects without loosing already entered data.
Here is an Example of what I need to do:

1) Create a new class
2) add new and existing slots to this class
3) change facets of the new slots (required, multiple, cardinality, type,
allowed Values)
4) For a set of existing classes add a a new slot to them
5) Extract an instance from an existing slot of all instances of these
classes and put it into the new slot
6) remove the old slot
7) delete the old slot if not used anymore

This kind of changes will occur quite often, so I am looking for a way to
automate them.

I already checked Algernon but I am missing the possiblity to create slots
and change the facets.
I can´t use JESS because of its license...

I could programm it myself using the Protégé-API but there´s still the
question how to input the changes as they will alter each time

Maybe someone has had a related problem and some hints?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Kind regards,

i. A. Daniel Goergen
Therapy Manager

--
BIOTRONIK GmbH & Co. KG
Woermannkehre 1
Mail: daniel.goergen at biotronik.com

http://www.biotronik.com

BIOTRONIK GmbH & Co. KG
Woermannkehre 1, 12359 Berlin. Germany
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Berlin, Registergericht: Berlin HRA 6501

Vertreten durch ihre Komplementaerin:
BIOTRONIK Mess- und Therapiegeraete GmbH
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Berlin, Registergericht: Berlin HRB 2918
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Dr. Max Schaldach, Christoph Boehmer, Dr. Werner Braun, Dr. Lothar Krings

This email and the information it contains including attachments are confidential and meant
only for use by the intended recipient(s); disclosure or copying is strictly prohibited. If you are
not addressed, but in the possession of this email, please notify the sender immediately.