[protege-discussion] Question

s_zhuyingyu s_zhuyingyu at stu.edu.cn
Tue Apr 10 04:19:16 PDT 2007

Hi All,
    I have constructed an ontology and some rules with protege, then I try to do some inferences there with the ABox build-in. But it does not work. Would  you please get me some helps?

the ontology is constructed like this:
    owl:thing
       |--- Father(John)
       |--- Son (Jay,Jack)             *John,Jay,Jack are individuals

object proterties are below:
    hasSon  [domain:Father,  range:Son]
       |--- hasBrilliantSon [domain:Father,  range:Son]

datatype proterty is below:
    hasComment[domain:Father,  range:string]

John--------hasBrilliantSon------->Jay
John--------hasBrilliantSon------->Jack

rule is below:
    abox:hasNumberOfProperties(2, John, hasSon) → hasComment(John, "great")

It seems that when I run Jess, I will get a result below:
    John--------hasComment--------->"great"

However, I could not get such a result, could please help me?

s_zhuyingyu
2005-04-10