[protege-discussion] listening for UI events

Michael Grove mhgrove at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 11 07:31:15 PDT 2007

All,

Apologies for this simplistic question, especially if it has been asked
before.  I am trying to write a tab widget plug-in for Protege and I would
like to register to listen for a couple specific events.  First, I would
like to be notified when my tab is selected.  Is the SelectionListener
appropriate for this?  If so, where do I register to recieve this event?  If
not, how do I get notified of the tab selection?

Second, is there any notion of the currently selected
class/individual/property in Protege?  I would like to update the contents
of my tab when a user selects a class, individual, or property in one of the
other (default) tabs.  How would i get at the current selected resource?  Is
there any way to register to listen to selection events so I can be notified
when the listener selects something?  I suspect something like this must be
built in as if you select something in the class tree in the OWLClasses tab
and switch over to the Individuals tab, the selection you made in the
OWLClasses class tree is reflected in the Individuals tab class tree.

Thanks for your help!

Cheers,

Michael