[protege-discussion] multislot display pattern

Bo De Lange bodelange at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 03:31:23 PDT 2007

Hi,

I've asked previously if it were possible to increase the number of slots in
the multislot display pattern (multiple slot  display)? We have a biomedical
ontology with classes that have up to eight slots  that we need to display.
We've altered the settings of the MultiSlotPanel.java source to do so,
recompiled and succesfully used that. We would now like to ask if the same
settings could be applied to the latest builds and distributions, so that we
don't have to alter and recompile our source every time we update to a newer
build.

We changed the code from:

private  void createUI()  {
     setLayout(new GridLayout(2,  10, 0, 4));
     add(ComponentFactory.createLabel("Set display slots and
optional  text:"));
     Collection slots = cls.getVisibleTemplateSlots();
     JPanel panel = new  JPanel(new FlowLayout());
    for  (int i =  0; i < 5; ++i) {
         panel.add(createTextPanel());
         panel.add(createSlotPanel(slots));
     }
     panel.add(createTextPanel());
     add(panel);

To (changes in red):

    private void createUI() {
         setLayout(new GridLayout(2, 5 , 0, 4));
         add(ComponentFactory.createLabel("Set display slots and
optional  text:"));
        Collection slots =  cls.getVisibleTemplateSlots();
        JPanel panel = new JPanel(new  FlowLayout());
        for (int i = 0; i < 10; ++i) {
             panel.add(createTextPanel());
             panel.add(createSlotPanel(slots));
        }
         panel.add (createTextPanel());
        add(panel);
    }

Perhaps you can fix a small matter that still remains: we still have to pull
the window down to see all display boxes.

Thanks a bundle!

Bo