[protege-discussion] Protégé XML backend

Jennifer Vendetti vendetti at
Fri Apr 13 16:41:41 PDT 2007

Hello Andy,

Andy Sanders wrote:
> The Protégé XML backend is still labelled as 'expiremental'.
Yes, we thought we would have it done by now, but other things took
> * Is there any information on when the XML backend will be finalised?
Our focus in the 3.3 beta series has been on modifying Protege's
multi-user mode to enable significant performance enhancements.  After
this code has been committed to the Subversion repository and released
and tested by us and the user community, the XML back-end will once
again become a higher priority.  I estimate that we may begin working on
it again sometime around the July Protege Conference.
> * Is it expected to change much?
I haven't looked at the code in a while.  My impression is that most of
what we have left is bug fixes.
> * When was it last changed?
If you want to track changes to the source code, you can look at our
Subversion repository: