[protege-discussion] Protege problems

Thang Duong protegeinfo at gmail.com
Sat Apr 14 06:59:58 PDT 2007

Dear Mr Samson Tu,

When i received your reply, I remembered that I forgot about replacing my
old version of protege in this project. Now I've replaced old Protege files
by the new files.

After all, I still have a question to ask you:

By default, does Protege set plugin folder is in our project when we create
new project ?

- Suppose that, we create a new project SemanticWeb in D partition with
structure:

D:\SemanticWeb
                         \lib
                              \GATE
(FOLDER)
                                        \ <all libraries of GATE >
(FOLDERS AND FILES OF GATE LIBRARY)

\gate.jar                                       (JAR FILE)
                              \protege.jar
(JAR FILE)
                              \plugins
(FOLDER)
                                        \ <all libraries of Protege and
plugins folders such as edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl, ...>
                         \src <contains all source files of SemanticWeb>

And when we run or debug our project, by default, does Protege set plugin
folder is in our project when we create new project ?
Why did i say about this, because when i run program, it still has warning
message:

CONFIG: Protege 3.2.1 Build 365, JVM 1.5.0_11-b03, memory=66M, Windows XP,
encoding=UTF-8, language=en, country=US
WARNING: Plugins directory not found: D:\ChapterExtension\Exercise01\plugins
-- PluginUtilities.findPluginsDirectory()

When I displayed protege plugin file by using code:
ProtegeOWL.getPluginFolder().getAbsolutePath(), I saw:
D:\SemanticWeb\plugins

After that, I asked myself, "Does the Protege set plugins folder is at level
1 of our project when we use Protege ?".
If you agree or disagree with me, please explain it to me and show me how
can i reset plugins folder's path before using
ProtegeOWL.createJenaOWLModelFromURI(<URI path>) method.

I'm looking forward to seeing your replies.
Thank you for all.

Sincerely yours,

Duong Quoc Thang