[protege-discussion] Protege Problems

Timothy Redmond tredmond at stanford.edu
Sun Apr 15 10:56:25 PDT 2007

> By default, does Protege set plugin folder is in our project when
> we create new project ?
>

> - Suppose that, we create a new project SemanticWeb in D partition
> with structure:
>
> D:\SemanticWeb
>                          \lib
>                               \GATE
>                 (FOLDER)
>                                         \ <all libraries of GATE
> >     (FOLDERS AND FILES OF GATE LIBRARY)
>
> \gate.jar                                       (JAR FILE)
>
> \protege.jar                                  (JAR FILE)
>
> \plugins                                       (FOLDER)
>                                         \ <all libraries of Protege
> and plugins folders such as edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl, ...>
>                          \src <contains all source files of
> SemanticWeb>
>
> And when we run or debug our project, by default, does Protege set
> plugin folder is in our project when we create new project ?
> Why did i say about this, because when i run program, it still has
> warning message:
>
> CONFIG: Protege 3.2.1 Build 365, JVM 1.5.0_11-b03, memory=66M,
> Windows XP, encoding=UTF-8, language=en, country=US
> WARNING: Plugins directory not found: D:\ChapterExtension\Exercise01
> \plugins -- PluginUtilities.findPluginsDirectory ()

For protege to find the plugins you should either set the system
variable protege.dir to the protege installation directory or to run
protege from the protege installation directory.  In this case you
have simulated a protege directory in the location D:\SemanticWeb
\lib.  So I would recommend adding the jvm option

	-Dprotege.dir=D:\SemanticWeb\lib

(not sure of the direction of the slashes in windows...).