[protege-discussion] Algernon - string search

Thane Hall thane.hall at tiscali.co.uk
Sun Apr 15 16:55:23 PDT 2007

Hi all,

I am trying to do string searches in Algernon but haven't found a way
to do it.
For example, from the Algernon tutorial I can query the Newspaper
project KB and retrieve all instances of Author where the name equals
"Kelly":
((:DIRECT-SUBCLASS Author ?x)(:INSTANCE ?x ?y)(name ?y "Kelly"))
But how would I identify all instances of Author with "Kelly"
somewhere in their name.

As a workaround I tried to use LISP tests but these both failed
(unknown operations):
((:DIRECT-SUBCLASS Author ?x)(:INSTANCE ?x ?y)(:TEST (:LISP (search ?
y "Kelly"))))
((:DIRECT-SUBCLASS Author ?x)(:INSTANCE ?x ?y)(:TEST (:LISP (string-
match  "Kelly" ?y))))

Thanks in advance
Thane