[protege-discussion] problem loading my tab widget plugin

Timothy Redmond tredmond at stanford.edu
Mon Apr 16 12:55:06 PDT 2007

This looks right (modulo a minor but unhelpful point - you don't need
the .project and the .classpath in the jar file).  But let me try to
clarify with some questions.  First of all I assume that you are
installing into the plugins directory of a Protege installation?  The
installation directory should look something like

     Protege Installation Directory
         protege.jar and other standard protege files.
         plugins

             cmap (or whatever the path you choose for your plugin)
                 your jar file and the plugin.properties file.

             edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl
                 owl plugin files.

Also how are you running Protege?  Double clicking on the Protege
directory?  Are you trying to start it from an IDE?  Can you see a
line of the form

         CONFIG: Loaded ...path... - ConceptMap

in the console when Protege loads?  Are there any other obvious
differences between the way things are set up on the two platforms?
Do both machines have the right version of Java?  Are there any
errors on the console?  When you say "I can't see  my plugin" what
does this mean?  Is it missing from the Projects->Configure dialog?

Sorry for the questions.  You approach sounds right but if I was
looking over your shoulder I would probably know what the problem is.

-Timothy