[protege-discussion] Invitation to participate in the Collaborative Knowledge Creation Challenge

Natasha Noy noy at stanford.edu
Tue Apr 17 17:53:09 PDT 2007

        Collaborative Knowledge Creation Challenge
-----------   Call for Online Participation   -------------
<http://km.aifb.uni-karlsruhe.de/ws/ckc2007/challenge.html>

in cooperation with the
Workshop on Social and Collaborative
Construction of Structured Knowledge
at the 16th Intl. World Wide Web Conference (WWW2007)
April 16 - April 30, 2007

The aim of the challenge is to test existing tools for collaborative
knowledge creation, to figure out collectively what we expect of such
tools, which features are useful and which are not, and which
direction the field should follow.

We invite you to participate in the CKC  challenge to learn about the
state of the art of tools for social and collaborative construction
of structured knowledge. Until April 30, we invite everyone to try up
to six of the tools listed at <http://km.aifb.uni-karlsruhe.de/ws/
ckc2007/Tools.htm>.

The tools and the results of the challenge will be presented at the
Collaborative Knowledge Creation Workshop of WWW 2007 <http://
km.aifb.uni-karlsruhe.de/ws/ckc2007> in Banff. When participating at
the challenge, you can compete for prizes for the most active
participant and most insightful feedback. You don't have to be
attending the workshop in Banff to participate in the challenge. (We
will ship you the prize if you win and don't plan to join us in
Banff). In fact, we hope to have as many people as possible to
participate so that we can learn as much as we can from the challenge.

Please go to:
http://km.aifb.uni-karlsruhe.de/ws/ckc2007/challenge.html
to learn more about the challenge and to participate.

Challenge Organizing Committee
     * Harith Alani, University of Southampton
     * Abhita Chugh, Stanford University
     * Natasha Noy, Stanford University

Workshop Organizing Committee
     * Natasha Noy (co-chair), Stanford University
     * Harith Alani (co-chair), University of Southampton
     * Gerd Stumme, University of Kassel
     * Peter Mika, Free University, Amsterdam
     * York Sure, University of Karlsruhe
     * Denny Vrandecic, University of Karlsruhe