[protege-discussion] PAL constraint

Samson Tu swt at stanford.edu
Thu Apr 26 10:43:13 PDT 2007

selma khouri wrote:
> Hello,
> The PAL constraint doesn't return any exception. What do you mean by :
> "a regular Java application (i.e., not a Protege plugin)" ?

Once upon a time, my application, when run as a Protege plugin, had
problem with evaluation of PAL because of classloader problem. I guess
that's not your situation.

> I explain again:
> When I excute my program from the java environnement, there is no
> problem and the violated constraints are detected normally, but when I
> excute my program from the executable file of the java application, the
> constraints whitch should be violated are not detected and the program
> considere that these constraints are satisfited which is not the case.
> Thanks.

I am not sure I understand you. Are you saying that when you run your
Java application as a collection of compiled .class files, PAL
constraints evaluate correct, but when you create a jar file from the
.class files, and run your application through the use of the jar file,
PAL no longer evaluates correctly?

Samson
Samson Tu                    email: swt at stanford.edu