[protege-discussion] error in defining an enumerated class

Joe Huang joe.huang at
Thu Apr 26 16:50:54 PDT 2007

Ah ha, I saw that one too, I clicked on it before and saw nothing
happened. This time I pressed "Enter" and it actually added itself into
the instance list. That's neat, thank you!

-----Original Message-----
From: protege-discussion-bounces at
[mailto:protege-discussion-bounces at] On Behalf Of
Thomas Russ
Sent: Thursday, April 26, 2007 4:40 PM
To: User support for Core Protege and the Protege-Frames editor
Subject: Re: [protege-discussion] error in defining an enumerated class

On Apr 26, 2007, at 3:20 PM, Joe Huang wrote:

> re-self:
> I found out why: I'd need to create instances for the IDs of every
> item inside the enumeration class first (i.e. under owl:Thing).
> Then it works.

For me, the editor also adds a little arrow at the left side of the
editing field, which shows a drop-down menu offering to create the
missing objects.  It will create all the instances under Thing, but I
usually like to move them afterwards under the enumeration concept.
(Yeah, I know that the reasoner will classify them there, but it
makes things neater when running the editor without classifying....)

protege-discussion mailing list
protege-discussion at

Instructions for unsubscribing: