[protege-discussion] Protege 3.2.1 ( without Java VM) on Solaris sparc

Olivier Dameron olivier.dameron at
Sun Apr 29 02:54:22 PDT 2007

Hello Branko,

On Sat, 28 Apr 2007 20:54:38 +0200, Branko Mihovilovič
<branko.mihovilovic at> wrote:

> I need your help. I installed this package on Solaris 9 but I
> couldn't start Protégé using shell script "", because
> the syntax error message at line 4: '(' unexpected was displayed.

Well, it's hard to tell from here, since I don't have a solaris machine
to play with.

Can you post the first 5 lines of your file, since the
error seems to be on line 4.

Also, a precise description of what you did (besides "I tried and it
didn't work") would help: did you click on the file in some file
manager?, did you type "./" in a terminal? did you type
"sh ./"? what was the exact error message? what version
of java are you using (you will find out by issuing "java --version" in
a terminal")...

Good luck