[protege-discussion] Protege 3.2.1 ( without Java VM) on Solaris sparc

Branko Mihovilovič branko.mihovilovic at
Sun Apr 29 06:05:30 PDT 2007

Sorry, I simply wish to run Protégé on Solaris. The package was correctly
installed. I've used command: sh ./ (it is the same if I click
it from a file manager). Respond is: syntax error at line 4: '(' unexpected.
Current Java version is 1.4.2_05-b04, mixed mode.
Branko Mihovilovic

-----Original Message-----
From: protege-discussion-bounces at
[mailto:protege-discussion-bounces at] On Behalf Of Olivier
Sent: Sunday, April 29, 2007 1:23 PM
To: protege-discussion at
Subject: Re: [protege-discussion] Protege 3.2.1 ( without Java VM) on
Solaris sparc

On Sun, 29 Apr 2007 12:36:25 +0200, Branko Mihovilovič
<branko.mihovilovic at> wrote:

> I very much appreciate your readiness to help me. Atteched is shell
> file with syntax error.

You still didn't explain what you did with this file: did you click on
it from a file manager, did you invoke it from a terminal (which

Have you also tried to use the 'Protege' file at the root of the
protege install directory? This is the one I use

protege-discussion mailing list
protege-discussion at

Instructions for unsubscribing: