[protege-discussion] Protege 3.2.1 ( without Java VM) on Solaris sparc

Olivier Dameron olivier.dameron at univ-rennes1.fr
Mon Apr 30 01:40:37 PDT 2007

On Sun, 29 Apr 2007 15:05:30 +0200, Branko Mihovilovič
<branko.mihovilovic at siol.com> wrote:

> Sorry, I simply wish to run Protégé on Solaris. The package was
> correctly installed. I've used command: sh ./run_protege.sh (it is
> the same if I click it from a file manager). Respond is: syntax error
> at line 4: '(' unexpected. Current Java version is 1.4.2_05-b04,
> mixed mode.

hmmm, it definitely looks like sh doesn't like the syntax then. If by
chance you have bash on your system, try to replace 'sh' by 'bash' in
the first line of the file (the one starting with #!)

Also, have you tried to use the Protege file instead?

olivier