[protege-discussion] how to connect to a remote ontology programatically ?

Samson Tu swt at
Mon Apr 30 09:00:09 PDT 2007

Over the years, though not recently, some people have developed and made
available remote server capability for Protege that doesn't require a
Protege-based client. See

     * Protégé Server: A CORBA-Based server for Protégé.    (3SY)

     * Protege Web Browser: A Java-based Web application that allows
users to share, browse, and do some basic editing of Protege knowledge
bases via the World Wide Web.

on the Protege plugins wiki

I think you can download source code for both.

amel achour wrote:
> hello,
> I have already asked this question but nobady answered me. Can you help
> me please, I really need your help.
> I want to know how a client can connect programatically to a remote
> ontology (ontology is on the server) from a java application, knowing
> that the clients have neither Protege nor ontology?
> I have already seen this tutorial:
> but it
> doesn't ansewer my question.

Samson Tu                    email: swt at
Senior Research Scientist    web: