[protege-discussion] how create allowed values intervalle in datatype property

Tania Tudorache tudorache at stanford.edu
Tue Dec 11 18:18:59 PST 2007

Hadar,

You cannot define default values in OWL. It also depends what you mean
by default values. If all you want is that whenever you create an
individual to have a default value associated to the property (so, no
inheritance and other inferences), then you can do this with an
annotation property on the property that holds the default value. Then,
you can have a listener on the individual creation event which adds the
default as the value of the property for the individual.

Please see my previous answer about the user-defined datatypes:

http://protege.stanford.edu/plugins/owl/xsp.html

Please ask in future OWL related questions on the Protege-OWL mailing list.

Thanks,
Tania