[protege-discussion] Missing map instance warnings from Graph Widget

Jonathan Carter jonathan.carter at e-asolutions.com
Thu Dec 20 04:32:21 PST 2007

Hi,   I've been using Protege for some time in both stand-alone and in
client-server modes with great success. I recently deployed a new
project that has been developed over some time in stand-alone mode to
a new client-server environment. Currently, the server is using a
file-based project while I am waiting for the DBAs to allocate me a
database to use. When I access my project via a client that is
running either on the server (a localhost-style client) or running on
a physically remote machine, I get the following 'Missing map
instance' warnings. These map instances turn out to be the saved x,
y, locations and dimensions of artefacts created using the Graph
Widget. I don't seem to be losing these artefacts, but all resizing
and positioning of these shapes is lost for the clients. Having had a
look through the discussions history, I've tried re-saving this
project on the server but am still getting these warnings on the
client Protege 'console' and my GraphWidget shapes have lost all
their location and sizing properties.   Is this a bug with the
GraphWidget in client-server mode, a known issue or something I've
got wrong in the metaproject?   Warning messages follow:   ...
CONFIG: Loaded plugin uk.ac.man.cs.mig.coode.protege.wizard.owl - OWL
Wizards
CONFIG: Preloading frame values
CONFIG: Preloading frame values
WARNING: Missing map instance:
zzz_live_v1.4.2_ProjectKB_Instance_2704 -- Proper
tyMapUtil.getMap()
WARNING: Missing map instance:
zzz_live_v1.4.2_ProjectKB_Instance_2716 -- Proper
tyMapUtil.getMap()
WARNING: Missing map instance:
zzz_live_v1.4.2_ProjectKB_Instance_2725 -- Proper
tyMapUtil.getMap()
WARNING: Missing map instance:
zzz_live_v1.4.2_ProjectKB_Instance_2728 -- Proper
tyMapUtil.getMap()
WARNING: Missing map instance:
zzz_live_v1.4.2_ProjectKB_Instance_2734 -- Proper
tyMapUtil.getMap()
WARNING: Missing map instance:
zzz_live_v1.4.2_ProjectKB_Instance_2736 -- Proper
tyMapUtil.getMap()
WARNING: Missing map instance:
zzz_live_v1.4.2_ProjectKB_Instance_2742 -- Proper
tyMapUtil.getMap()   [.... LOTS MORE OF THESE WARNINGS! ....]
WARNING: Missing map instance:
anl_live_v1.4.2_ProjectKB_Instance_3484 -- Proper
tyMapUtil.getMap()
WARNING: null -- WidgetUtilities.isSuitableExport()
CONFIG: Preloading frame values ...   Thanks for your help   Regards
  Jonathan   _______________________________________

- HEAD OF TECHNICAL ARCHITECTURE
ENTERPRISE ARCHITECTURE SOLUTIONS LTD

Mobile: +44 (0) 7904 198295
Telephone: +44 (0) 20 7612 4322
Email: jonathan.carter at e-asolutions.com[1]
Web: www.enterprise-architecture.com[2]
_______________________________________

ASSESS YOUR EA MATURITY AT:
www.enterprise-architecture.com/EAvaluator[3]
_______________________________________

W O R L D    C L A S S    A R C H I T E C T U R E

This message is confidential and may be privileged. It is for the
exclusive use of the intended recipient(s). If you are not the
intended recipient(s) please notify the sender and delete the message
immediately. Unauthorised disclosure, distribution and copying of this
email is strictly prohibited. The opinions expressed within this
message are those of the individual author. Whilst EAS Ltd take
reasonable steps to scan this email it does not accept liability for
any virus that may be contained in it. EAS Ltd, 29 Harley Street,
London W1G 9QR. Telephone +44 (0)20 7612 4322 Fax +44 (0)20 7182 6749

Links:
------
[1] mailto:jonathan.carter at e-asolutions.com
[2] http://www.enterprise-architecture.com/