[protege-discussion] Experimental XML Merging Included Projects

Jonathan Carter jonathan.carter at e-asolutions.com
Thu Dec 20 09:23:57 PST 2007

I would agree with Samson on this.
The XML format is great for exporting the project but hacking it about to
merge projects is 'experimental' to say the least.

However, I have managed to merge projects (e.g. 2 projects that have the
same Classes (.pont file) but different instances (.pins file) that I want
to bring together by manipulating the PINS file to create a new union of the
instances. I suspect that you could achieve good results by merging the PONT
files too.

In my experience, the PINS and PONT files are the most robust format for the
projects.

Jonathan

Enterprise Architecture Solutions Ltd

Assess your EA maturity at: