[protege-discussion] Missing map instance warnings from GraphWidget

Samson Tu swt at stanford.edu
Thu Dec 20 12:06:13 PST 2007

Jonathan Carter wrote:
> Hi Samson,
>
> OK, so to make sure I understand, if I create a graph in a client, when I
> come to open it again, the server cannot serve me the locations/sizes etc.
> and so everything reverts to default (at least it doesn't fail or crash!)?

Yes. The automatic layout feature is probably your best option with new
graphs in client/server mode.

> What I've got is a project that was created in stand-alone mode, including
> some graphs and now I'm using this project in client-server mode and even
> all the graph properties that I can see in the server project files are not
> 'sent down' to the clients. So, effectively, I've started with what you
> suggested as the solution but am still having problems. If I open the
> server's project locally on the server in stand-alone mode, everything is
> fine with my graphs. I saved this standalone project to a new version on the
> server and used this for client-server mode, but I am still getting the
> warnings from my clients.

Install the most recent version of Protege 3.4 beta. I never used
Protege in client/server mode until this past week because of problems
with form customizations and graph widget, but Protege developers have
fixed some of these bugs recently. You should get the standalone layout
with the current beta at least.

> Do you know if there are any plans to resolve this at some point? Or are
> there any pointers/thoughts as to what the solution is? I'd be happy to help
> resolve the issue.

There is hope that the issue may get resolved early next year.

Samson
Samson Tu                                   email: swt at stanford.edu
Senior Research Scientist                   web: www.stanford.edu/~swt/
Center for Biomedical Informatics Research  phone: 1-650-725-3391
Stanford University                         fax: 1-650-725-7944