[protege-discussion] finding individuals in a Protege-Frames produced OWL file.

esharris esharris at mitre.org
Mon Dec 31 11:52:54 PST 2007

See below.

Thomas Russ wrote:

> On Dec 27, 2007, at 6:52 AM, esharris wrote:
>

>> Given a Protégé-Frames produced OWL file, how do you find all the
>> individuals?
>
> You load the file into an OWL reasoning program and then ask for all
> the instances.
>
> Trying to look at the generated XML encoded file and finding stuff
> there will lead to madness. ;)
>
> [snip]

But that is what I am trying to do. I'm trying to build a viewer that makes
it easier to link individuals in the ontology to their corresponding data in
some associated repository. Most reasoners only display the individuals in
the ontology. There is no support for displaying information about
individual from another domain.