[protege-discussion] * Protege on mac os X : problem to open and view a gif file generated by ontoviz

Bernard ESPINASSE bernard.espinasse at univ-cezanne.fr
Thu Feb 1 07:47:00 PST 2007

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for your help. But this gif file is not too large. It is possible
for me to open, with the Preview application, an another gif file of a
same Protege graph that come from a Protege version on PC.

I have used Grimp or other viewer, it is the same thing.

I do not understand, a lot of people use Protege on Mac os X ! How they
do to print their ontology graph ?

Best regards,

Bernard ESPINASSE.

Thomas Russ wrote:
> On Jan 30, 2007, at 6:36 AM, Bernard ESPINASSE wrote:
>

>> Hi,
>>
>> I use Protege 3.2.1 with Ontoviz tab (using Graphviz 1.13 v16) on a
>> mac
>> OS X.
>>
>> I cannot open a file containing the image of the graph in GIF
>> format (generated with the ontoviz tab) with the Preview (Apercu)
>> apple
>> application, in order to print
>> the graph.
>>

> Do you have any idea why Preview is unable to open the file?
>
> Is the GIF perhaps too large for Preview to handle?
>
> Are there any messages on the System Console ?(this can be found in
> the Utilities folder -- unfortunately, I'm not sure what terms are
> used in the French version of the OS for them).
>

>> How to solve this problem ?
>>

> Perhaps you could try opening it in Safari or another Web Browser and
> print it from there?

NOUVELLE ADRESSE ELECTRONIQUE
NEW ELECTRONIC ADDRESS
Bernard ESPINASSE (Pr.)
Laboratoire des Sciences de l'Information et des Systemes
LSIS UMR CNRS 6168,
Ecole Polytechnique Universitaire de Marseille - EPUM GII
Universite Paul Cezanne,
Domaine universitaire de St Jerome,
F-13397, MARSEILLE Cedex 20
FRANCE.