[protege-discussion] How create new property in a project

Tania Tudorache tudorache at stanford.edu
Tue Feb 6 14:42:00 PST 2007

Julien,

It is pretty easy to store additional information in a pprj file that is
associated to a specific widget. You only need to call

widget.getDescriptor().getPropertyList()

and you can write "key=value" pairs in the PropertyList of the widget.
This information is persistent and will be stored in the pprj file when
you save the project.

However, saving information that is attached directly to a project (so
not to a widget) is a little bit more difficult. I suggest that you take
a  look at the getClientInformation method from the Project class, which
is actually documented :)

http://protege.stanford.edu/doc/pdk/api/edu/stanford/smi/protege/model/Project.html#getClientInformation(java.lang.Object)

I have never use it, but it should work.

Tania