[protege-discussion] Convert Project ( Data in Database ) to format xml-rdf.owl

julien lejeune lejeune.j at gmail.com
Thu Feb 8 02:24:20 PST 2007

Thanks Tania !
I tested with the method "edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl
.jena.export.JenaExportPlugin.exportProject(KnowledgeBase,
String)".
Problem: In this method there are two case :
// language XML

        *if* (kb *instanceof* OWLDatabaseModel) {
            OntModel newModel = ((OWLDatabaseModel) kb).getOntModel();
            owlModel.save(fileURI, FileUtils.langXML, errors, newModel);
        }

// language XML-ABBREV

        *else* {  *// Any other Protege format
*            *// TODO: owlModel.initWithProtegeMetadataOntology(errors);
*            *new* ProtegeSaver(kb, owlModel).run();
            owlModel.save(fileURI, FileUtils.langXMLAbbrev, errors);
        }

I would like doing my extraction in language XML but my object "
project.KnowledgeBase()" is not a "OWLDatabaseModel".
If I cast my object like : KnowledgeBase kb = (OWLDatabaseModel)
project.getKnowledgeBase(); , I have the error :
java.lang.ClassCastException :
edu.standford.smi.protege.model.DefaultKnowledgeBase

I don't see how I could do !!!

I hope you can help me !

Julien