[protege-discussion] Prompt/ccomparing/merging

Victor Manuel vmgcastellanos at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 8 20:24:46 PST 2007

Dear all. Thanks all lot for the information. Although useful, I still do not quite understand how to use PROMPT. I do not have different versions of the same ontology, I have instead two different ontologies I need to compare, visualize and manipulate both at the same time. I would like to have both ontologies opened at the same time, also I would like to allow domain experts (not Knowledge engineers) to move classes, instances, properties, from one ontology to the other. Could I use PROMPT for these kind of tasks?

  Also is there any way for me to visualize side-by-side two ontologies and graphically manipulate them?

Jennifer Vendetti <vendetti at stanford.edu> wrote:
  Victor,

Victor Manuel wrote:
> I need to compare two ontologies, both are some how orthogonal.
> Ontology A has 54 classes, and ontology B has 45 classes. Both were
> developed in OWL. Could I use PROMPT in order to compare them?
The Prompt plug-in works with the Protege-OWL editor. There is a lot of
documentation for this plug-in on our Wiki:

http://protege.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?Prompt

Jennifer