[protege-discussion] Restricting access to slots and classes based on user roles

Schultz, Ron ron.schultz at vectorsgi.com
Tue Feb 13 12:38:33 PST 2007

Has anyone dealt with a requirement to restrict access to classes and slots based on a user role defined within Protégé? I need to support user roles with specific rights (e.g., update, delete, read-only) to specific classes and slots, and I need to ensure that the Protégé Forms enforce these rights. I thought of extending the widgets to provide this degree of control, but I was wondering if I could accomplish this at a lower level within Protégé so that even API users would have to abide by the sames rules. Any pointers or references would be much appreciated.

Ron Schultz

[This message contains confidential and proprietary information of the sender, and is intended only for the person(s) to whom it is addressed.  Any use, distribution, copying or disclosure by any other person is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please notify the e-mail sender immediately, and delete the original message without making a copy.]