[protege-discussion] Fancy multi-user-mode plugins?

Daniel Holbert holbert at helix.stanford.edu
Fri Feb 16 11:38:24 PST 2007

Hi all,

Is it possible to create a fancy plugin for multi-user-mode that
exchanges extra data between the client(s) and the server?

A few ideas I've had for tab-widget plugins:
  - A simple "chat room" interface, for everyone logged on to the
multi-user server.
  - A tab that displays the contents of the remote .pjrn journal file,
to monitor modifications that others are making

However, I'm not sure if this sort of plugin is possible, because
Protege's client-server communications seem to be abstracted away to a
large extent.

Does anyone have any ideas as to how this could be implemented using
the existing plugin framework?  (Maybe there's a "sendPacket()" method
that I don't know about, or something...)

Thanks!
~Daniel