[protege-discussion] OntoLing Tab Problem

Doctor, Faiyaz fdocto at essex.ac.uk
Tue Feb 20 10:27:50 PST 2007

Hi Matthew,

I'm still having a problem getting the OntoLing tab to work correctly. I've reinstalled the normal distribution now and checked and rechecked that WMConfig and file_proterties xml files. I've only using wordnet 1.6 for now which on my computer is located at: C:\WN16\DICT

I'm new getting a wordnet initialisation error dialogue box when trying to load the ontoLing tab.

I've checked that I'm referencing wordnet 1.6 in both the xml files, my language is "en" and I've tried to various path formats for defining the location of my wordnet dictionary. I've also checked that dictionary_element_factory is correctly set based on the jwnl.jar I have.

I'm only getting this wordnet installation error if I specify a dictionary path such as file\:/C\:/WN16/DICT or file:///C:/... otherwise if I simply use C:/ then I get the old error message that was described below, I'm getting a bit confused.

properties_file.xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<jwnl_properties language="en">
	<version publisher="Princeton" number="1.6" language="en"/>.....

<param name="dictionary_element_factory" value="net.didion.jwnl.princeton.data.PrincetonWN16FileDictionaryElementFactory"/>
		<param name="file_manager" value="net.didion.jwnl.dictionary.file_manager.FileManagerImpl">
			<param name="file_type" value="net.didion.jwnl.princeton.file.PrincetonRandomAccessDictionaryFile"/>
			<param name="dictionary_path" value="C:\WN16\DICT"/>

Sincerely

Faiyaz