[protege-discussion] OntoLing Tab Problem

Armando Stellato stellato at info.uniroma2.it
Wed Feb 21 16:28:35 PST 2007

Hi Faiyaz,

rather curious, incompatibilities with a new java version, that's not good news...anyway: if it works now with 2.0, it should work as well with 1.6
Regarding 2.1, due to some changes in the naming of the files, jwnl (the java wordnet library written by john Didion which is wrapped by the WordNetInterface of OntoLing), is not compatible with that version of WordNet under windows OS.
Basically, compatibility with 2.1 can be obtained by changing a couple of rows in the code of jwnl. I do not remember if I added this modification to the jwnl.jar which is bundled with OntoLing 3.0beta.
We are working now on a new version of JWNL which features:
- compatibility with eurowordnets
- possibility of instanciating multiple wordnets (at the moment, jwnl is centered around a singleton of a dictionary)
- new relations (jwnl covers only those up to wordnet 1.7)
- true lexical relations (i.e. between pairs of synset-word; at the moment, each relation is treated as semantic relationship between synsets and the word is ignored)
We first want to contribute to JWNL project on sourceforge, and then bring its outcomes to improve ontoling features with wordnet(s)
Stay tuned ;-)

Ing. Armando Stellato, PhD
AI Research Group,
Dept. of Computer Science, Systems and Production
University of Roma, Tor Vergata
Via del Politecnico 1 00133 ROMA (ITALY)
tel: +39 06 7259 7330/7334 (office);
     +39 06 7259 7332 (lab)
fax: +39 06 7259 7460
e_mail: stellato at info.uniroma2.it