[protege-discussion] client server + protege frame

Timothy Redmond tredmond at stanford.edu
Mon Feb 26 08:05:45 PST 2007

The rmi server-client code works fine with Protege frames.  The user
documentation on the server-client set can be found at

	http://protege.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?MultiUserTutorial

There isn't really any programmer documentation on the server-client
mode.  Here is some code that I use to allow a client to login to a
remote Protege server:

         RemoteProjectManager rpm = RemoteProjectManager.getInstance();
         Project project = rpm.getProject(hostname + ":" + port,
                                          properties.getProperty(NAME),
                                          properties.getProperty
(PASSWORD),
                                          projectName,
                                          true);
         kb = project.getKnowledgeBase();

Also depending on what you are doing, there is a ProtegeJob class
which is very useful in server-client mode.  It allows a client to
execute code on the server.    To use it you implement the run method
and call the execute method.  This utility is not in the latest
released protege but  can be found in the latest protege on svn
(http://smi-protege.stanford.edu/repos/protege/protege-core/trunk).

-Timothy