[protege-discussion] constraint of instance

Samson Tu swt at stanford.edu
Mon Feb 26 09:09:59 PST 2007

I haven't used PAL's (defrange variable primitive_type slotname) syntax.

To write a constraint that refers to a specific instance of a class, I'd do

(defrange ?i :FRAME className)

(= (:NAME ?i) "InstanceName"))

where "InstanceName" is the unique name of the instance, generated, in
Protege frame, as something like ProjectName_NNNNNN. You can find the
instance name displayed on top of the INSTANCE EDITOR form in the
Instances tab.

Samson