[protege-discussion] PROMPT Tab problem - cannot accept/reject changes when comparing two versions of same ontology

Jens Selbach Jens.Selbach at loyaltypartner.com
Tue Feb 27 02:13:38 PST 2007

Hello,

I'm trying to use Prompt Tab to compare different versions of the same
ontology built with protege frames.
When loading the second ontology, I get some warnings. The display of
differences between both ontologies
looks good, but I get java exceptions when trying to accept or reject
changes. Nothing happens.

I'm using current stable Protege 3.2.1 on Windows platform with Java
1.5.0_09

When reading the online help, it says:
"Compare mode is a view-only mode that allows you to compare two
different versions of the same ontology."

Looking at the GUI, there are buttons to accept/reject changes, but
compare mode seems to be a view
only mode? How do I apply selected differences to on of the ontologies?

Any ideas? My idea is to allow users modifications in a copy of my
ontology and then periodically
compare and accept or reject changes for integration in the original
ontology. Basically I'd like to
make sure, that noone is deleting or destroying large amounts of data
accidentially or on purpose.

Prompt plugin looks like a very useful thing, if I can get it to
actually accept/reject differences
between versions.

Regards,
Jens.

PromptDiff - lots of warnings on console:

.
.
.
WARNING: Wrong type: Slot(email) --
DefaultKnowledgeBase.getFrameOfType()
.
.
.
INFO: processing log  done:  Tue Feb 27 10:01:45 CET 2007
Unmatched entries from ontology 1: 8
Unmatched entries from ontology 2: 3
Rows without rename in the table: 1027
Rows with rename in the table: 0
Unchanged rows in the table: 926
Isomorphic rows in the table: 63
Changed rows in the table: 0
Done!Tue Feb 27 10:01:45 CET 2007

Diff shows, but I cannot accept or reject changes - console output:
SEVERE: Uncaught Exception -- java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: null
value
        at
edu.stanford.smi.protege.model.framestore.ArgumentCheckingFrameStore.ass
ertNotNull(Unknown Source)
        at
edu.stanford.smi.protege.model.framestore.ArgumentCheckingFrameStore.che
ckValue(Unknown Source)
        at
edu.stanford.smi.protege.model.framestore.ArgumentCheckingFrameStore.che
ckValues(Unknown Source)
        at
edu.stanford.smi.protege.model.framestore.ArgumentCheckingFrameStore.set
DirectOwnSlotValues(Unknown Source)
        at
edu.stanford.smi.protege.model.framestore.ChangeMonitorFrameStore.setDir
ectOwnSlotValues(Unknown Source)
        at
edu.stanford.smi.protege.model.framestore.cleandispatch.DefaultDispatch.
setDirectOwnSlotValues(Unknown Source)
        at
edu.stanford.smi.protege.model.framestore.cleandispatch.CleanDispatchFra
meStore.setDirectOwnSlotValues(Unknown Source)
        at
edu.stanford.smi.protege.model.framestore.FrameStoreAdapter.setDirectOwn
SlotValues(Unknown Source)
        at
edu.stanford.smi.protege.model.DefaultKnowledgeBase.setDirectOwnSlotValu
es(Unknown Source)
        at
edu.stanford.smi.protege.model.DefaultKnowledgeBase.addOwnSlotValue(Unkn
own Source)
        at
edu.stanford.smi.protege.model.DefaultFrame.addOwnSlotValue(Unknown
Source)
        at
edu.stanford.smi.protegex.prompt.ui.diffUI.AcceptorRejector.rejectChange
InInstance(Unknown Source)
        at
edu.stanford.smi.protegex.prompt.ui.diffUI.DiffTablePanel$5.actionPerfor
med(Unknown Source)
        at
javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:1849)
        at
javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:2
169)
        at
javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(DefaultButtonModel.ja
va:420)
        at
javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(DefaultButtonModel.java:258)
        at
javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(BasicButtonList
ener.java:236)
        at
java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseReleased(AWTEventMulticaster.java:231)
        at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Component.java:5488)
        at
javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(JComponent.java:3126)
        at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:3955)
        at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2024)
        at
java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Container.java:4212)
        at
java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Container.java:3892)
        at
java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Container.java:3822)
        at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2010)
        at
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(EventDispatchThrea
d.java:242)
        at
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.
java:163)
        at
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:157)
        at
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:149)
        at
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:110)