[protege-discussion] Feedback on welcome dialog (second attempt)

Philip Ogren philip at ogren.info
Wed Feb 28 07:16:28 PST 2007

Jennifer,

I like the new welcome dialog much better.  Thank you for updating it.
Unfortunately, it is still confusing me (sorry to be so obtuse!)  I have
one very simple suggestion that I think would be very helpful.  Please
remove or change the "open folder" icon next to the button labeled "Open
Recent".  The icon means "open a file browser/chooser" in my mind and I
am still clicking it expecting to see a file chooser (and one of my
Knowtator users also made a similar comment about the new dialog in a
recent conversation.)

Thanks,
Philip

Hello Philip,

Thank you for your *feedback*.  I remodeled the user interface of the
*welcome* dialog, hopefully to everyone's liking.  It will be available in
the next build (sometime in the next couple of days).

Also, I don't know if you and others are aware of this, but you can
configure Protege not to show the *welcome* dialog on start-up by going to
File -> Preferences... and unchecking "Show *Welcome* Dialog on Start-up".

Jennifer