[protege-discussion] Algorithm Design Question

Cowden, Daniel J. DanielCo at BaylorHealth.edu
Tue Jan 2 11:18:19 PST 2007

Hello All,

I hope the algorithm below comes out well on the list server.

Question, if I have the medical algorithm:

COUGH

SPUTUM               I                             I            LITTLE
OR NO SPUTUM

Prurlent           Nonpurulent                          Dyspnea
No dyspnea

I                          I
I      ______I

WITH  FEVER                          NO FEVER
EMPHYSEMA, VIRAL

I                            I                   I

A                        B                      C
D (CHRONIC PULMONARY  FIBROSIS)

and I want to be able to structure the above decision tree to have
transitivity, would you use a slot/property name like
hasCoughDecisionTree?

This would mean that each of the above bars ("I"), would also have
hasCoughDecisionTree. And also how would you use axiums to constrain D
(CHRONIC PULMONARY  FIBROSIS) from having a transitivity that would
cross over to C? I want D (CHRONIC PULMONARY  FIBROSIS) to climb the
decision tree to Cough via emphysema, viral --> No dyspnea --> little or
no sputum --> cough.

In other words, how would you design the above algorithm?

Dan

Daniel J. Cowden, MD

Baylor Health Care Systems

DanielCo at BaylorHealth.edu

This e-mail, facsimile, or letter and any files or attachments transmitted with it contains information that is confidential and privileged. This information is intended only for the use of the individual(s) and entity(ies) to whom it is addressed. If you are the intended recipient, further disclosures are prohibited without proper authorization. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, printing, or use of this information is strictly prohibited and possibly a violation of federal or state law and regulations. If you have received this information in error, please notify Baylor Health Care System immediately at 1-866-402-1661 or via e-mail at privacy at baylorhealth.edu. Baylor Health Care System, its subsidiaries, and affiliates hereby claim all applicable privileges related to this information.