[protege-discussion] Protege server ports

Daniel Holbert holbert at helix.stanford.edu
Thu Jan 4 13:20:31 PST 2007

The first link is especially useful -- I hadn't known that you could
set the second (non-1099) port to be something constant.

So, to summarize for anyone else who needs it, 2 ports need to be open
in your firewall in order to run a Protege multi-user server:

* 1099 for initial rmiregistry connection.
* A second port, which defaults to a random number between 1024 and
65535, but can be set to be constant by adding
-Dprotege.rmi.server.port=number to the server start parameters.

Thanks,
Daniel
PharmGKB