[protege-discussion] Fact++

Timothy Redmond tredmond at stanford.edu
Sun Jan 7 22:55:58 PST 2007

You should post this type of question to the OWL forum (see http://
protege.stanford.edu/community/lists.html) because it is an OWL
question.

In order to use Fact on your mac you first need to start the FaCT
server.  You will then see some lines like

[tredmond at Andromeda tredmond]$ FaCT++.Server
FaCT++.Kernel: Reasoner for the SHOIQ(D) Description Logic
Copyright (C) Dmitry V. Tsarkov, 2002-2006. Version 1.1.1 (20
February 2006)
HTTP Interface Copyright (C) Matthew Horridge 2005
FaCT++ running on Andromeda port 3490

Then in the Protege window click  the OWL menu and click
Preferences.  In the General Tab there is an option for the Reasoner
URL.  Set this appropriately (e.g. if the fact server in on the same
machine as Protege you would use http://localhost:3490.

-Timothy