[protege-discussion] Persistent

rougui Rid ridha02 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 8 01:20:02 PST 2007

Hallo every one..

I created my ontology with protege2000 (many files ".owl"), then I installed MySQL where I want to storage my database (Data Knowledge).
Using Jena2 I can store my '.owl' files in the data base.

As I understand Ontology, these files (".owl") that ware stored are only schemas.
My question is: How can I instantiate them. That means I want to create according to the ontology for example 'users.owl' many users and I can store them in the DB and then be able to execute several types of query over them. Please note that I'm restricted to use the Jena2 API.

Thank you.