[protege-discussion] Issue mapping Network Drive on Windows XP for Protege Running in Server Mode.

Kent Andrews kandrews at insureworx.com
Fri Jan 12 10:09:40 PST 2007

Hi,

I want to have Protégé serve up a "pprj" file that sits on a network drive so it can be backed up by our Network Admins software.

I moved the SystemAdminOntology.pprj & SystemAdminOntology.xml files to the network drive directory which the user starting up the server owns and thus has access to etc.

I tested it by opening Windows File Explorer and as the same user I use to start the server pasting my full URL in and it was a valid path and the file opened up just fine.

I was using the following syntax in that instance:

\\densan00\biprotege$/Protege_Net_Drv/SysAdmin/SystemAdminOntology.pprj

So I adjusted my "metaproject.pins" file to have the following:

([metaproject_Instance_0] of  Project

            (location "\\\\densan00\\biprotege$/Protege_Net_Drv/SysAdmin/SystemAdminOntology.pprj")

            (name "SysAdmin")

            (owner [projects_00023])

            (readers [projects_00022])

            (writers [projects_00022]))

*** Please note I saw from starting it up that I had to escape out the back slashes for it to somewhat look correct once the server was trying to parse the URL.

But it won't take it. It seems to insist on putting "C:\" infront of the URL entry I'm giving it if it doesn't understand it.

Any help or others suggestions who have made this work much appreciated.

Thanks

Kent Andrews