[protege-discussion] plugin and libraries

Tania Tudorache tudorache at stanford.edu
Mon Jan 15 13:23:49 PST 2007

Julien,

If you add a jar to your plugin directory, your plugin should be able to
access the classes of the jar. When you run Protege with your plugin in
Eclipse, all the jars are added to the classpath. So, what you could try
to do is to add explicitly the saxon8.jar to the classpath when starting
Protege.

If you start Protege with the executable (for example, Protege.exe on
Windows platform) then the classpath is set from the Protege.lax file.
You can edit in the Protege.lax file the line:

lax.class.path=protege.jar:looks.jar:unicode_panel.jar:driver.jar:driver0.jar:driver1.jar:driver2.jar:lax.jar

Add at the end of this line your jar. You can use a relative path, like:
"plugins\myPlugin\saxon8.jar"

If you start Protege using the batch script (run_protege.bat or
run_protege.sh), you should adjust in it the JARS variable.

Tania