[protege-discussion] plugin and libraries

Tania Tudorache tudorache at stanford.edu
Tue Jan 16 09:23:37 PST 2007

Julien,

If your plugin is dependent on other plugins, then you need to specify
this in the plugins.properties file. This is documented in the
"Dependencies on other plugins" section on this webpage:

http://protege.stanford.edu/doc/pdk/plugins/plugin_support_21.html

Tania

julien lejeune wrote:
> Thanks Tania, I 've got better results when I added the file saxon8.jar in
> the classpath of Protege.
> But my code use also others JAR file which are in others plugins. For
> instance, I use the JENA.jar of the "edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl" plugin,
> I've got too the error "java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError :
> edu/stanford/smi/protegex/owl/jena/JenaOWLModel"   and I always try to move
> it like the saxon8.jar but no more success.
>
> I'm very surprised that my plugins can't use libraries of others plugins.
> I hope that you can tell me what is my mistake ?
>
> Julien
>

> On 1/15/07, Tania Tudorache <tudorache at stanford.edu> wrote:
>
>> Julien,
>>
>> If you add a jar to your plugin directory, your plugin should be able to
>> access the classes of the jar. When you run Protege with your plugin in
>> Eclipse, all the jars are added to the classpath. So, what you could try
>> to do is to add explicitly the saxon8.jar to the classpath when starting
>> Protege.
>>
>> If you start Protege with the executable (for example, Protege.exe on
>> Windows platform) then the classpath is set from the Protege.lax file.
>> You can edit in the Protege.lax file the line:
>>

>> lax.class.path=protege.jar:looks.jar:unicode_panel.jar:driver.jar:driver0.jar:driver1.jar:driver2.jar:lax.jar
>>
>> Add at the end of this line your jar. You can use a relative path, like:
>> "plugins\myPlugin\saxon8.jar"
>>
>> If you start Protege using the batch script (run_protege.bat or
>> run_protege.sh), you should adjust in it the JARS variable.
>>
>> Tania
>>

>> julien lejeune wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I am trying to develop a plugin but I have some problems to add a
>>>
>> library
>>
>>> that I need for it.
>>> In fact I use the library "saxon8.jar" and I added this JAR file in
>>> "protege_directory\plugins\myPlugin\saxon8.jar" (with myPlugin.jar)
>>> But I have this message :
>>> javax.xml.transform.TransformerFactoryConfigurationError: Provider
>>> net.sf.saxon.TransformerFactoryImpl could not be instantiated: