[protege-discussion] Question on "Naming Standards" in use by the Majority of Protege Frames Users

Kent Andrews Kent.Andrews at Fiserv.com
Tue Jan 16 15:34:49 PST 2007

Hi All,

We are in the midst of creating our Domain Ontology and before we go further down the path we would like to get our Naming Standards in order.

There have been suggestions to adopt and enforce the Java Naming  Standard: http://java.sun.com/docs/codeconv/html/CodeConventions.doc8.html

Does anyone know if there is a standard out there that deals with naming in an Ontology related manner?

I searched the forum and what I found didn't really pertain to a way of naming which is widely accepted within Ontology or more specific Protégé users.

Any feedback much appreciated.

Kent Andrews