[protege-discussion] Changing many slots to a new metaclass

Tania Tudorache tudorache at stanford.edu
Thu Jan 18 11:57:42 PST 2007

Ron,

You can set the metaclass of a slot as have, using the method:

     slot.setDirectType(slotMetacls);

or, you can set the metaclass for all subslots of a slot with the call:

    slot.setDirectTypeOfSubslots(slotMetacls);

You can also add a slot metaclass (rather than setting it) with the call:

     slot.addDirectType(slotMetacls);

If  you have to do repetitive tasks, maybe you could use the ScriptTab.
With a few script lines and no compiling you can do a lot of automated
processing of your ontology.

Tania