[protege-discussion] Running protege 3.2.1 on Linux using included JRE

Olivier Dameron olivier.dameron at univ-rennes1.fr
Tue Jan 30 00:57:09 PST 2007

On Mon, 29 Jan 2007 11:48:36 -0800, "B. Bogart" <bbogart at sfu.ca> wrote:

> #2. Why can I find no debian/ubuntu or any other linux packages for
> protege?

I thought about it, but then there are several limitations that may not
make it worth the effort:
- there are many linux distros, so building .deb or .rpm would only be
useful to a fraction of the community
- I only need a few plugins, so I don't need a huge package with all
those I have no use for, and conversely, the .deb I would build
with my selection of plugins would only satisfy my needs, and maybe not
yours

I wrote a python script that kept protege-core + the plugins I was
interested in up to date. However, now, the owl plugin is not bundled
separately and protege is more stable so released less often, which
makes the stuff definitely less useful. I can send it to you if you
want to dust it off.

olivier